Anthem, Inc. Nurse Reviewer I in Deerfield, Illinois
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At AIM Specialty Health (AIM), a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Nurse Reviewers are responsible for conducting pre-authorization, out of network and appropriateness of treatment reviews for diagnostic imaging and other services by utilizing appropriate policies, clinical and department guidelines. They collaborate with healthcare providers to promote the most appropriate, highest quality and effective use of diagnostic imaging to ensure quality member outcomes, and to optimize member benefits.
These positions typically require office training, but due to COVID our offices are currently closed. We have approval to offer remote/virtual training and these positions will work full-time remote from home.
Location: Work from home, must reside within 100 miles of Deerfield, IL Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9:30 am to 6:00 pm CST. Target Start Date: March 29, 2021 Salary: • $29.85 per hour for the Associate level • $32.39 per hour for the Reviewer I Please note that the level offered is determined by the Hiring Manager based on experience.
In addition to our competitive pay, AIM Specialty Health associates participate in a performance based Quarterly Incentive Program(QIP)**. This performance based program provides eligible associates the opportunity for additional income of up to 2.5% of the associate’s eligible quarterly earnings!
**Bonus is contingent on meeting Departmental (60%) and Individual metrics (40%). Your individual performance will be measured by your manager at the end of each quarter and may be more or less than the target award based on the manager’s assessment of your overall individual performance and contributions to the department results.
Nurse Reviewer (Associate or Level I) Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: • Receives pre-authorization requests from front-line intake • Conducts initial medical necessity clinical screening • Determines if initial clinical information presented meets medical necessity criteria or requires additional medical necessity review • Conducts initial medical necessity review of out of network pre-authorization requests for services requested outside of the client health plan network • Notifies ordering physician or rendering service provider office of the pre-authorization determination decision • Documents the results of the initial clinical review and determination in the pre-certification computer system • Maintains confidentiality of patient and provider specific information • Develops telephone service standards to meet departmental performance metrics Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Nurse Reviewer (Associate or Level I) SHARED qualifications:
• Current active, valid unrestricted RN license in the state of IL is required.
• Candidates must have good computer skills and solid typing speed and accuracy
• Knowledge of managed healthcare programs
• HMO, PPO, and POS are preferred
• Familiarity with Utilization Management Guidelines preferred
• Familiarity with ICD-9 and CPT 4 coding preferred
Nurse Reviewer Associate specific qualifications:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing • Customer service experience is preferred • Quality management and/or call center experience is a plus • Any experience in clinical nursing experience is a plus Nurse Reviewer I specific qualifications: • 3 + years recent clinical nursing experience in an ambulatory or hospital setting • Previous utilization and/or quality management and/or call center experience is helpful Additional Requirement Access to the Internet with the following characteristics: • Minimum download speed of 20 megabytes per second (mbps) / upload speed of 5 megabytes per second (mbps) is required